School of Pre-University
SCPJ - JPT/BPP/(A9082)
Stamford’s American Degree Transfer Program (ADTP) is designed with the objective of providing students with the opportunity to gain access to top universities in the United States, Canada, Australia and Europe via credits transfer.
The curriculum is based on a liberal arts philosophy which requires students to take courses from a range of subjects to form a broad educational foundation. It helps students to gain behavioral competencies in interpersonal skills, to develop effective communication skills, and to build creative thinking and analytical skills that are essential to their career pathway.
General Study - 1st and 2nd Years at Stamford College
Called 'freshman’ and 'sophomore' years, students are required to take courses form various areas such as Social Sciences, Humanities, Quantitative Analysis, Communications, Computing Finance and Business subjects .
Specialization Major (Business) - 3rd and 4th Years
Commonly referred to as 'junior' and 'senior' years, students are required to choose a major field of study that consists of required and supporting major courses.
Most courses offered in the ADTP carry 3 credit hours each, representing 3 teaching hours per week over a 14 teaching week semester, or its equivalent. Full-time students are recommended to take between 12-18 credit hours (4-6 subjects) in each of the Spring and Fall Semesters, and 6-9 credit hours (2-3 subjects) in the Summer Semester.
Why Choose the American Degree Transfer Program?
- It is economical to complete the first 2 years of a US Degree program at Stamford College as students will be able to save up to 50% of the cost;
- The United States of America is the most preferred education destination in the world with the largest number of professors who are Nobel prize winners;
- US has the latest cutting edge technologies and state-of-the-art research facilities;
- Students are not only exposed to a more liberal and flexible student-centered education approach but will also gain networking opportunities for their future career development;
- It is an excellent place to make connections and learn about different cultures around the world.
Entry requirements: 5 credits in SPM/ UEC / O-Levels/ SM2 or other equivalent qualifications, inclusive of English and Mathematics.
Intake(s): January, May, and August