This notice applies to all current and past students of Stamford College.
Please take note, for the purpose of this notice, ‘Stamford College’ refers to both Stamford College Petaling Jaya and Stamford College Malacca.
In fulfilling our various academic and administrative functions, Stamford College has the need to collect and retain your personal data in various different formats. However, we are committed in protecting your personal data in compliance with the laws of Malaysia and this includes the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
1. Definition of Personal Data
Personal data means any information in respect of commercial transaction that relates directly and indirectly to you. This includes but not limited to:
· Contact information such as your name, address, e mail address and telephone number.
· Spouse or parent’s information such as name and telephone number
· Proof of identity such as identity card number, passport number, student identification number, photograph, finger print and signature.
· Medical insurance Information such as type of insurance policy and medical card.
· Academic record such as transcripts of examination results, academic certificates and any information relating to academic history
· Financial information such as credit history and credit card number
· Sensitive personal data such as physical and mental health, religious beliefs and political opinions.
· Any other information you may provide in the course of your application or inquiry
We may use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
· To assess your application and to administer your admission into our institution;
· Student records which includes both administrative and academic records;
· Student services which includes allocation of learning resources, accommodation, immigration matters and counselling services;
· Student association and alumni;
· Fees collection and student loan/ scholarship matters;
· Internship and employment prospect
· Surveys and research;
· Internal and external audit;
· Any other purposes permitted by law.
We will ask your consent before using your personal data for any other purposes than those that are set out in this notice.
We may be required to disclose your personal information to the following parties:
· Employees of Stamford College ( where applicable );
· Partner Universities;
· Ministry of Education;
· Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration;
· Malaysian Qualifying Agency;
· Related Foreign Embassy;
· Related Professional bodies;
· Student Association and Alumni;
· Student’s sponsors;
· Stamford’s service provider or agents;
· Companies or organisations providing internship or employment opportunities.
· Industry partners
· Insurance Companies ( Where applicable )
· Landlords ( where applicable )
· Royal Malaysian Police
We will ask your consent to disclose the data to any other third party other than the one set out in this notice.
Please take note that under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you have the choice to not consent or withdrawing your consent as to the purpose or the disclosure of your personal data. However, by accepting our letter of offer, you are deemed to have consented to the processing of your personal data in accordance to the terms set out in this notice. A failure or withdrawal of consent may disrupt or terminate the services provided by Stamford College. Stamford College will not be liable for such disruption/termination of services.