Financial Assistance


Every year, Stamford offers scholarships and bursaries to students enrolling in the College for the first time. The awards are based on:


  • Their results in SPM, STPM, UEC and other entrance examinations
  • The financial needs of students


New students who wish to apply for scholarships must complete the attached Scholarship Application Form (in PDF format). Completed scholarship forms with supporting documents can be sent to the respective Head of Centre of your intended Stamford's Campus. 


Students may also apply for scholarships and loans from the following agencies. Students should write to or contact these agencies directly for terms and conditions at eligibility for and award of scholarships and loans.


  • Government Agencies
  • Bank
  • The STAR Education Fund
  • NST-MAPCU Scholarships
  • Nanyang Siang Pau Scholarships
  • Kuok Foundation
  • Sin Chew Daily Education Fund


For further information about scholarships, please contact the persons listed below:


  College   Person to contact
Seri Stamford College 

Mr Joshua George

Tel: +603 6270 1578


Stamford College Malacca

Ms. Norfazliati binti Abd Ghapar

Tel: +606 282 2613/282 0305/282 0820

Fax: +606 282 4103







Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)


This fund provides loans to all qualified Malaysian students pursuing higher education in public or private higher educational institutions. Applicants must have at least 3 credits in SPM in order to qualify for the loan.


Forms can be obtained from the PTPTN office.


Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
Lot G2 Tingkat Bawah
Wisma Chase Perdana
Off Jalan Semantan
Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 - 258 3731 / 258 3732


Alternatively, students can obtain the form from the respective Stamford campuses or from the Student Services Department.


Completed applications must be forwarded to PTPTN through respective Stamford campuses or the Student Services Department.


Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP) / Employees Provident Fund (EPF)


Students whose parents are contributors to EPF may apply for study loans from EPF. Forms and conditions for applications can be obtained from all the EPF offices throughout the country.



Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO or SOCSO)


PERKESO, the national social security organisation (SOCSO), was set up in 1971 to provide medical care, cash benefits, provision of artificial aids and rehabilitation to certain categories of employees for work-related diseases and injuries. SOCSO has ensured universal coverage of employees through the principle of co-operation with employees and employers.


The organisation also provides study loans to children of employees who are covered by the SOCSO scheme. The loans may be convertible to scholarships. For further information, students are advised to contact:

Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO)
Bahagian Khidmat Insuran
Unit Pinjaman / Biasiswa Pendidikan
No. 281 Menara PERKESO
Jalan Ampang
50538 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 - 4253 5320



Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)


MARA offers loans to qualified Bumiputra students studying in private institutions. Application forms may be obtained from:


Bahagian Pengurusan Pelajaran
Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)
Tingkat 3 Ibu Pejabat MARA
20 Jalan Raja Laut
50750 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 - 2691 5111



Yayasan Pelajaran Negeri (State Education Foundation)


Education foundations have been set up by most states in Malaysia. These foundations offer loans and scholarships to students who are born in the respective states. Normally, they are managed by the respective State Governments under the charge of the State Secretary. Students are advised to liaise with the State Secretariat for such loans / scholarships.


This loan is very limited but is open to all citizens of the state.





A number of banks provide loans to students. They include:


  • Bank Rakyat
  • Standard Chartered
  • RHB
  • HSBC
  • CIMB
  • Others


Many Stamford students obtain loans from the above banks. The banks have their own criteria for selection and students who are interested must obtain further information directly from the banks.